Contact: Shari Richey
Elise Nieshalla Announces Campaign for State Treasurer
Zionsville, IN – Today Boone County Council President, successful entrepreneur in real estate investments, and mother of four, Elise Nieshalla, a conservative Republican, announced she is running for Treasurer of the State of Indiana:
“As Indiana’s next State Treasurer, I will defend the economic freedom of Hoosiers, further ensure Indiana’s pension investments align with our values, and safeguard and grow Indiana’s financial assets,” Nieshalla said.
“As a real estate entrepreneur and mom of four, I understand the value of a dollar. I will take that perspective, as well as my experience serving as President of the Boone County Council, the fiscal body for one of the fastest growing counties in Indiana, to the State Treasurer’s Office,” Nieshalla added. “I look forward to employing my financial management experience in the public and private sectors to make Hoosiers’ tax dollars work for them. For every dollar Indiana’s investments grow, that’s one less dollar needed in taxes.”
“Indiana’s constitutional officers have an important responsibility to defend our state from the creeping, socialist overreach of the Biden Administration and the extreme liberals in Congress,” Nieshalla concluded. “Together, we’ll fight the Democrats’ efforts to turn America into a socialist country and defend the effective America First policies of President Trump and Vice President Pence.”
As State Treasurer, Elise Nieshalla will:
- Make Money Work for Hoosiers: Elise will work to safely maximize the return on investment of state funds, because for every dollar earned in interest, that’s one less dollar needed in taxes.
- Align Investments with American Values: Elise will further ensure Hoosier pension dollars are not invested in companies from countries who threaten our freedoms or in woke, left-wing funds.
- Promote Educational Savings Accounts: Elise is a strong proponent for empowering parents through school choice and financial planning for higher education.
- Improve Financial Literacy: Elise will promote financial empowerment , especially among our students, so they understand the power of budgeting, saving and investing, and why socialism never works.
- Defend Our Values: Elise will fight for the America First policies of President Trump and Vice President Pence. As a Pro-Life woman, Elise stands for: defending religious liberty, protecting the Second Amendment and the greatness of America’s founding principles.
Elise Nieshalla is President of the Boone County Council and is a common-sense, conservative voice in local government. Named 2018 Indiana County Councilor of the Year, Elise is also a hard-working entrepreneur and economic development professional who served on gubernatorial candidate Mitch Daniels’ economic development policy team. And, as a 20-year investor in real estate, Elise oversees property acquisitions and business management for a portfolio of investments.
From managing Boone County’s multi-faceted $51 million budget to reviewing revenue projections and planning for future needs, Elise is committed to the highest standards of fiscal stewardship. And, she serves one of the fastest growing counties in the state that maintains one of the lowest property tax rates of all 92 counties.
Elise also serves as the Vice President of the Indiana County Councils Association (ICCA) and on the Board of Directors for the Association of Indiana Counties (AIC), where she works with Indiana’s lawmakers on county issues including infrastructure funding, home rule, and tax matters. Regarding tax matters, Elise led the charge for Boone County, ICCA and AIC to defend taxpayers from an unfair tax burden shift that resulted in two court case wins for Boone County, setting precedent for all Indiana counties in defending their taxpayers.
Elise has been married to Chris for 25 years and they have four children who they are raising on the bedrock of faith, family and freedom.
Learn more at www.EliseforTreasurer.com.